The Bees Knees (or Bee’s Knees) gin cocktail is a prohibition-era cocktail that uses runny honey and fresh lemon juice, and it’s linked to the prohibition-era slang meaning “Excellent” or “the best”.
Here’s a modern twist on the classic cocktail made with the Earl Grey Distilled Gin from Twisting Spirits, that’s served shaken and chilled in a martini glass with a twist of lemon or orange.
- 2 teaspoons good quality hone (we like V&L Honeymakers Cotswold Summer Honey)
- 2 teaspoons hot water
- 50ml Twisting Spirits Earl Grey Distilled Gin
- 15ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 15ml freshly squeezed orange juice
- Orange or Lemon twist to garnish
Mix the honey with the hot water in a cocktail shaker to make the honey runny. Fill the shaker with ice and pour in the gin and juices. Shake and strain into a chilled martini glass. Garnish with the lemon or orange twist. Enjoy your Bees Knees gin cocktail.