ThiThis Sea Salt Chocolate Cookies Recipe makes lovely chewy cookies that are packed with chunks of delicious sea-salt chocolate for an intriguing combination of sweet and salty.
Preparation time: 15 minutes (plus 4 to 48 hours resting time)
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 15 to 20 Cookies
- 160g organic butter, softened
- 275g brown sugar
- 1 organic egg
- 250g plain flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder & ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon (optional)
- 80g Sea salt Chocolate chopped into chunks (we love this one from chocolate and Love)
- ½ tsp. sea salt in the dough & a pinch of sea salt to sprinkle
- Using an electric mixer, whisk together the butter and brown sugar for about 5 minutes, until white and creamy.
- Add the egg and continue mixing for another 2 minutes until combined and smooth.
- In a bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, and chocolate.
- Stir the flour mix into the whisked butter/sugar, a little at a time, until just combined.
- Shape the dough into a roll and wrap it in a piece of cling film. Place in the fridge and allow the cookie dough to rest for between 4 to 48 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC (175ºC for fan).
- Cut the cookie roll into 1cm thick slices and arrange on a lined baking tray. Be sure to leave a little space between the cookies because they will expand while baking.
- If you’re a fan of salty treats, sprinkle a small pinch of flaky sea salt on the cookies before placing in the oven.
- Bake the cookies for approximately 15 minutes or until golden around the edges, while still soft in the centre.