Some might say this isn’t really a cocktail, but we wanted to explain our ‘perfect serve’. There are many ways to drink a Sky Wave Gin & Tonic, but here’s what we recommend.
- A double measure of Sky Wave London Dry Gin.
- Premium tonic water. (We love Franklin & Sons, but you may have a different preference.)
- A slice of red grapefruit garnish.
- Ice cubes.
- Chill the glass with iced water. Pour away.
- Add 3 or 4 cubes of ice to the glass, no more (or you end up with a watery G&T).
- Add the Sky Wave Gin.
- Gently pour the tonic down the side of the glass to retain the fizz. We recommend slightly less than 3 parts tonic to one part gin.
- Add the red grapefruit garnish (squeeze if you wish) and gently stir with a muddler or spoon.
Recipe notes by Rachel of The Sky Wave Distilling Company
Use a highball glass (Andy) or a martini glass (Rachel). In Rachel’s words, “We hate this trend for huge balloon gin glasses. All you get is a face full of ice and over-diluted gin!”
If you really want to bring out the spiciness, add 2 or 3 drops of Sky Wave Gin’s fabulous Grapefruit Bitters, or a couple of drops of Angostura Bitters.